A good writing day

I tried something different yesterday. I gave myself two things, I gave myself an assignment and I gave myself some pieces. I figured that if I go to a certain place, this place being the library, and body double with someone, this someone being my mom, that I could get some wriring done. And I was correct, I got almost two pages in within an hour and a half. It felt good being this sharp. I had an idea in my head and I had pieces, little bits of plot and story that I had taken notes of on my phone. It was better than working on my Cain story in which I have almost no idea where I'm going. AI certainly didn't help. I'm not at the level of Stephen King where I can snatch concepts out of my mind and put them on paper. I don't have that kind of imagination. What I need is a few pieces to keep me going, almost like the parts to an outline. I don't know if this will always help me but I'm going to give it a try. The interesting thing is that I'm excited about this story. I don't have all the pieces but that can be fixed. I think I understand King what he means when he says that a notebook of story ideas doesn't help. It helps more if you say to yourself "I want to write about that." I think I get that now. It also helpd if you get up early and have an assignment. Like having homework to do. I don't know why but having this structure helps me in a way I didn't think was possible. I think I may have something here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finishing The King in Yellow: The Prophets' Paradise

The Yellow Sign

Decadence Movement and Yellow